Sunday, May 3, 2009

Represent

I had a good time today at Norwood High School. Went to the High School's Art Fair and hung out with Laura and Lauren at the table for to represent St. E studio. We made Origami with a lot of the kids that walked with there parents. The kids had a lot of fun making hopping frogs, boxes, tulips and flipping birds. I think it was a great turn out. I think Laura got like 6 students including parents sign up for the St. Elizabeth's Art Foundation email news letter. I am excited to be a part of all happenings with Laura and St. E studio. I have high hopes that a lot of the students from the high school will show up to hang out, draw, paint and make art there. It's something I have been needing for years. I know it's not really about what I want, but I think it will be a great place for them just as much as it will be for me. Making art is something I feel that is a great way to connect with people. There is something comforting about making art with other people around to discuss life problems, and even inspiring ideas.
I am hoping the high school students that looked at my sketch books really do come to the Open Studio. With that said I am looking forward to this summer.

No comments: